Store Manager In-Training (Associate Manager)
As an Associate Manager, your primary function as a key member of the management team is to support the Store Manager in all aspects of store operations, maximizing the store's profitability by achieving and surpassing sales and productivity targets while minimizing expenses and losses. Through leadership and ongoing coaching, you promote a positive shopping experience and guide the team to achieve and surpass store and individual targets for sales and key performance indicators, while operating in compliance with Company policies and procedures. You support the efficient and cost-effective operations of the store by managing sales and wage budgets, expenses, inventory shrinkage, employee turnover and by ensuring proper working conditions.
In partnership with the Store Manager and Visual Assistant, you support brand and visual merchandising excellence by ensuring that marketing, visual and product management strategies are executed according to Company standard.
You consistently demonstrate a capacity to network, to attract, to recruit, to train, to develop and to retain talent as you are responsible in building a high-performing customer-oriented team that aims to exceed in all current
and future business needs.
Leading Business Results:
- Accountable for achieving and surpassing store business targets, including sales and productivity measures, labour management, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage and other compliance measures.
- Motivate, coach, & mobilize the team through ongoing effective communication in order to achieve maximum performance and to optimize the shopping experience:
- Set challenging but obtainable goals with an emphasis on service quality and customer satisfaction, as well as financial performance.
- Maintain awareness of mall, competitors or community activities that could impact business results; communicate information to the Store Manager.
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation in recognizing and reacting to the changing business environment
Leading Brand & Visual Presentation Excellence:
- Ensure product management and replenishment, visual presentation and merchandising directives/standards for the sales floor and back room are properly executed and in a timely manner; continually review to ensure clear and consistent execution and alignment to brand standards.
- In conjunction with store walkthroughs, analyze merchandise reports to evaluate product performance and inventory levels.
- Communicate to the Store Manager what is driving sales results and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximize business.
- In partnership with the Stock Associate, lead and organize merchandise reception process to optimize product management.
- Adhere to, and enforce, dress guidelines to properly represent the Brand.
- You consistently demonstrate a capacity to network, to attract, to recruit, to train, to develop and to retain talent as you are responsible in building a high-performing customer-oriented team that aims to exceed in all current
and future business needs.
- Communicate and support brand, promotional, product and visual directives and standards as set out corporately.
- Ensure staff is well versed in the features and benefits of merchandise through regular product knowledge sessions.
Leading Sales & Operational Excellence:
- Productively network and attract talent that is aligned with our brand and customer service model in support of our business objectives.
- Support the Store Manager in conducting staff meetings.
- Support the Store Manager in the planning and execution of inventory cycle counts.
- Support the Store Manager in the execution and follow-up of loss prevention action plans
- Plan daily and weekly schedules for efficient and effective execution of selling and non-selling objectives, in consideration of store sales and wage budgets as well as staff availability and optimal zoning.
- Manage and process all payroll functions for store employees, as is required.
- Analyze store level reports and work with the Store Manager to develop and communicate action plans for improving store and employee productivity and ensuring the effective execution of all operational activities.
- Ensure store has all the necessary tools and resources to operate effectively.
- Exemplify the company's vision, mission, values and brand behaviors; lead by example at all times.
- Adhere to and enforce the Code of Conduct and all other Company policies & procedures.
- Support corporate expectations and systems and ensure proper execution of company initiatives, providing feedback to the Store Manager, as needed.
- Consistently promote a positive shopping experience by focusing staff on the importance of connecting with customers.
- Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with exceptional customer service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- Monitor and manage on a daily basis: store and individual sales and key performance indicators, payroll and controllable expenses as well as all company initiatives.
- Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Manage and delegate various tasks/duties to optimize sales productivity and the overall customer experience; Coach and support employees for effective completion of all selling and non-selling responsibilities.
- Keep staff informed of all store and individual sales and productivity targets, marketing and sales promotions and other information to help them provide exceptional customer service and achieve goals.
- Prepare necessary reporting as required by business processes and needs.
- Maintain store standards in all areas of the business, in accordance with company operating policies and procedures.
Leading Excellence through People:
- Proactively network and attract talent that is aligned with our brand and customer service model in support of our business objectives.
- Support the Store Manager in building a high-performing customer oriented team by participating in the identification, recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes.
- Participate in the training and development of all employees; ensuring that each is properly oriented into the Company and trained in their role.
- Manage all aspects of human resources, including recruitment, development, employee relations, and health & safety, in compliance with policies and procedures.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, follow-up on performance development plans and personal goals/objectives with employees to encourage and reinforce continuous growth and development.
- Provide necessary feedback and recommendations to effectively manage employee relations, in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Proactively network and attract talent that is aligned with our brand and customer service model in support of
our business objectives.
- Provide coaching and feedback that promotes positive behavioral change, in a fair and constructive manner and on a regular and consistent basis (daily, weekly and monthly), ensuring that it is appropriately documented.
- Consistently foster a positive working experience by treating all staff in a fair and consistent manner as well as promoting safe working practices.
- Promote an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
- Model behavior that respects the background, experience and cultural differences of others, while upholding the values of the Company.
- Provide clear direction and follow-up while monitoring the progress of employees, to ensure timely and effective completion of assignments.
- High school diploma; post-secondary education in business or related discipline, an asset.
- 2 years Store Manager experience, preferably in a fashion clothing environment, or equivalent management experience.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or Open-Office.
Approximately 8 to 25 employees supervised directly and indirectly, depending on the period of the year and the volume of the store.
- Schedule: Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.
- Travel: May be required to travel to other stores/divisions.
- Physical: Able to work in a standing position 90% of the day.
- May be required to lift boxes (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and perform various store maintenance tasks which may require climbing ladders.
- Monday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Friday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Good Friday - April 10, 2020 Closed
- Easter Sunday - April 12, 2020 Closed
- Victoria Day - May 18, 2020 Closed
- Canada Day - July 1, 2020 Closed
- Civic Holiday - Aug. 3, 2020 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 7, 2020 Closed
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 12, 2020 Closed