Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising
Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21's Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising
Department: Remote Store Operations
Reports to: Store Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
The Assistant Manager, Merchandising provides leadership and direction to the store merchandising team. Through creating long-term strategies and leading company initiatives, the Assistant Manager ensures maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence and compliance with company procedures.
· Oversees daily merchandising, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, planning and execution, shipment, zero selling reports, loss prevention, and service.
· Develops the plan for floor set, then translates it into implementation steps and directs the other store leaders and Associates to execute the plan.
· Generates and analyzes Field Merchandise Reports (Zero Seller, Top Sellers) and makes necessary product placement/adjustments based on selling and Field Merchandise Reports.
· Makes presentation adjustments based on store design type and assortment levels.
· Leads overall store earnings by driving top line sales while managing controllable contribution.
· Manages the team who ensures the efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment receipt, processing, merchandise floor sets, and replenishment systems.
· Drives results through creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that create a positive in-store experience for both our store team and our customers.
· Manages and measures progress and results against key targets.
· Spends at least 60% of the shift performing Manager On Duty tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
· Must have at least 2 to 4 years of retail management experience. Prior retail store leadership experience preferred.
· College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
· Must be skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, communication, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, and POS and other retail software proficiency.
· Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make decisions under ambiguity.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice.
· Must be able to maneuver around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month.
Be part of something epic. Be part of Forever 21. Apply today!
- Monday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Friday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Victoria Day - May 20, 2019 Closed
- Canada Day - July 1, 2019 Closed
- Civic Holiday - Aug. 5, 2019 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 2, 2019 Closed
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 14, 2019 Closed